Dubbo City Council on Monday granted approval for a 28-lot residential subdivision located at Cavelle Place, in the city’s west after a deferral by its planning and development committee last week.
The applicant and owner will develop 28 lots in the first stage of the subdivision located to the east of the existing Kintyre Estate and accessible via Cavelle Place, with lots to range in size from 690m² – 2417m².
Dubbo mayor Mathew Dickerson said the residential subdivision had attracted much interest from adjoining and surrounding property owners.
“50 submissions were received when the DA first went on public exhibition in late March,” he said.
“Following the reduction of Stage One from 39 lots to 28 lots, an amended DA was exhibited which received a further 12 submissions.
“By deferring the matter to the September ordinary meeting, council was able to listen to the views of surrounding property owners who addressed council last night and taking these into consideration, an informed decision was made.”
Cr Dickerson said the approved development would further contribute to a diverse mix of housing types and styles throughout the city, with the subdivision providing lots ranging in size from 690m² to 2417m².
“The range of lot sizes available in the Cavelle Place subdivision will appeal to first home buyers’ right through to established investors looking to build on a larger parcel of land,” Cr Dickerson said.
“This subdivision will contribute to the range of residential land currently on the market, which coupled with Dubbo’s housing affordability and general liveability remain competitive advantages that continue to attract families to invest in our city.”
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.